Wednesday, December 17, 2008

School Winter Festival and SNOW!!!

Last night was the school's Winter Festival. Jack and Ally's classes sang and Gage played in the band. The campus was all decked out in holiday decor, lights and all. It was so cute, but it was also very cold.
We bundled Julia up pretty well so she was warm, I hope.

The Festival was in the outside amphitheater so the kids singing were bundled as well. Jack's class sang Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer...hence the nose and antlers.
Jackson was so cute with all of his class!When we woke up this morning it was snowing! Gage heads off to the bus at 6:30am and snow was starting to stick then but school was not canceled. By the time Jack and Ally were heading to school at 7:30 enough had accumulated that Ally was able to make a snow angel. She was quite wet but she thought it was worth it. And school still hadn't been canceled, surprising for us here in California.By the afternoon 7 inches had fallen and Julia desperately wanted to play outside so we again bundled her and let her out.Julia loved throwing the snow. That's pretty much all she wanted to do so Cari and I kept making snowballs and she would throw them. She played for just a little while until it was time to pick up the kids from the bus stop...school was finally let out early at 12:15. The bus took over an hour to get to the stop, it usually takes a half hour, but at least they had chains. By that time we had a foot of snow!Ally got off the bus with no coat on, she wanted to feel the snow she said. Silly girl.
Gage went straight to work building a snowman. He made it so big he needed my help to put the second snowball on.Jack decided to try to make a snow angel like Ally did earlier but discovered the snow was too deep and he got stuck.At this time (5:00pm) it is still snowing and we have about a foot and a half. Gage is laying in the front yard trying to see how much snow will fall on him if he stays still. I think he must get that from Rich's side. We have already received the message that school will be canceled tomorrow. Yea snow!!!

6 comments:

JeN said...

Gage is seriously the funniest boy I know!!! I am glad you guys love the snow too...

Kittell7 said...

Justin and I were checking out your pictures! Justin said it is soooooo unfair that you got that much snow and had to sled on 1 inch of ice today Ha Ha! He said "I bet it took him like 2 minutes to make that snowman" He was jealous! I think he was more jealous that he couldn't be there to help him with it :( I hope you guys have a ton of fun! We miss you guys!!

The Horvath Crew said...

Looks like your kids had so much fun. Isn't it great? We just love it. Louis has been stuck at home for 2 days now. I said maybe Heavenly Father knows we just need a break and more family time so we all are stuck to spend time together. HAHA!

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Wow! I can't beleive you guys got that much snow! And look at all that fun you are having playing in it! I am woos and stay inside.

Crawford said...

Looks like you guys moved to UTAH!, the Land of milk and honey. Or is the land of milk and honey Victorville, CA??

N said...

I had no idea you guys got all that snow! That's crazy! I just love the picture of Julia with the giant armload of snow almost as big as she is. :) The kids look like they are having so much fun!