It has been a while, again, since I've updated...for me at least. Not sure why it's been hard for me to update our family news. Maybe there's just not enough or too much so I feel over whelmed about what exactly to tell about.
The things that I have particularly enjoyed lately don't so much have to do with my immediate family but with my extended family.
I am ecstatic that I made it into the St George Marathon and that my sister and bro-in-law are running it also. This is one of my "bucket list" things to do and the fact that they are doing it too just makes it sweeter. Wendy, my sis, will not see me except at the start because she's run it a few times and is trying to qualify for Boston...I am just hoping to finish with in the 6 hour limit before they pack everything up and go...leaving me to stumble into St George with just my little family watching for me. I am confident I can do it in 5 hours at the most, but we'll see.
I have also really enjoyed talking to my cousins on Face Book this past year. My sister and I are the oldest cousins on my Mom's side and we only have a few cousins our age on my Dad's. We used to see them and play with them when we were little but since life happened and I moved far away I just lost touch with them. Not that I didn't know where they were, just that we no longer had a relationship because we never talked and were just busy with our lives. Now that we've been in touch we have rekindled our friendship and I have learned to adore them all over again. They have grown into amazing women and I'm glad to know them. We have even planed a visit to Oregon this summer, partially because it's been years since we have been there...I think we only had Jeremy and Gage at the time...and I miss the green and trees and beach, etc...and partially because I want to see my cousins and their families. Family is great!
The usual things have also been going on...school field trips, jazz band concerts, girl scouts, boy scouts, ward picnic, lots of baby showers...just too much. I will eventually get around to updating on all of that, but I think this is as good as it's going to get for a little while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
Hey..My sister Danielle made it to the St. George marathon too! She has been training her butt off, and she just had a baby 6 mo. ago. I wish I had those genes :) Maybe I will have to come and cheer on the both of you!
Good luck on the marathon, I'm sure you'll do great!
I admire you runners- I have always thought you guys had mental problems. But, I am getting the itch to start, so that tells you my mental state!
I have LOVED getting to know you better too-- can't wait to see you this summer.
Wish we could do St George with you! Although, it might be more fun just to cheer you on...
Post a Comment