Sunday, May 23, 2010

Wood Badge-A Scouter's Life for Me

My Troop---Troop 1

I just got home last night from the final weekend of Wood Badge at Camp Emerson.  It was amazing.  I went to Wood Badge WE4-45-1-10. It was on  two weekends in  May,  6-8 and 20-22.  I really didn't know much about Wood Badge except that it would be good scout training, which is why I wanted to go; I did not know it would be so spiritual.  I had such fun and made wonderful friendships there; it was hard for me to say good bye last night.  I certainly will miss it.
Wood Badge needs to be experienced so I won't say too much about it.  You need to go, I highly recommend it.  For me it change my life.  For instance I overcame a fear and loathing of camping I have carried my entire life.  My only regret is that I did not go to Wood Badge sooner.

I have some photographic evidence of my participation in Wood Badge for my friends who won't believe that I went to Wood Badge...Camping,  Rich, no way!

L to R front: Ken Wilson, Irene Palladino, Jim Gardner
Back: Warren Lehndorfer, Me, Robert Cornejo

My patrol the Bobwhites.  They were the perfect combination of individuals for me.  They were great.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Yep, that's about as much info as he gives me. Rich wrote this entry obviously. "How was it honey?" I ask. "It was neat." That's it, no elaboration, no details...welcome to my life. I'm glad he had fun, maybe I can pull more details out of him over the next few weeks. Love you honey! xo

Raich said...

Good Job!! Our new Bishop wants to send Lyal but he just needs to find some time off work! Go scouts!

Kittell7 said...

Holy Moly.......we have been away to long!!!