Wednesday, October 29, 2008

5 year olds and scissors don't mix!


Ally and another little girl decided to cut their hair on the bus on the way home from school yesterday. Sadly it didn't really surprise me. She said she wanted her hair shorter so she thought it would be fine for her to do it herself. She is a very take charge girl. We did have quite a discussion about what she should and shouldn't do herself.

Ally was the worst of the two. The other little girl has long hair and she just cut a little of her bangs and it didn't really look bad. Her mom did inform me this morning at the bus stop that they also cut their eye lashes. I could really tell on her daughter, I didn't notice Ally's until I really looked. She just trimmed hers a little. What can I do with her but laugh? If I didn't I'd cry.

Rich is now calling Ally "Joe Dirt" because she cut herself a mullet. (I should have taken the picture without her mac & cheese infront of her, sorry)

Unfortunately when we went to the salon the ladies kept telling Ally that she actually didn't do such a bad job because they were able to do a cute cut with it and she was so cute...blah, blah, blah. She now thinks she is the cutest thing and she loves her hair. She was modeling for me here.

Thankfully her hair didn't turn out too bad. I love her hair long but she definately doesn't. Maybe I'll have more luck with Julia.

9 comments:

ma'elePHOTO said...

OM GOSH!!!! WHat is it with little girls and scissors???? My little Em just took a hacking to her scissors on Monday. Unfortunately she really HACKED at it, so we have REALLY short pieces close to the scalp and one long spaghetti piece in the front. Don't know how we're gonna save that one. Hopefully Jenni can help us (Yay!).

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I was dying with the first pic, then I scrolled down!!!! I would have died. So did the bus driver not notice what was going on???? He always notices EVERYTHING else!!! At least it turned out pretty cute!! Juliana and Emi played hair salon on mon night, good thing for nana's curls cuz you can't really tell on her!!!

JeN said...

Yah for the Salon girls to fix it.. Sorry I couldn't save you some money and attempt it, lol... Just think- it turned out fine and it coulda been worse, she coulda got ahold of shavers instead of scissors..

j- said...

Oh my heavens, Jill! I think I'm with you, you have to laugh- as Sister Hinckley said "I Prefer to laugh, crying gives me a headache"

She is a cutie, and where's the heck they get the scissors from?

In HS I brought a bottle of SunIn to School and some girlfriends and I had fun changing to the color of our bangs... not quite the same as cutting though... still not the brightest thing...

j- said...

Correction: Where in the heck did they get the scissors from? I think I have lived in Lehi too long, I am forgetting english, and I have to use the word heck...

Jill said...

Ally said her friend had the scissors, I don't know why because they are both in Kindergarten. I think they may have gotten them from another girl who is a little older.

Susan said...

At least it turned out cute in the effort to fix it. She did quite the little job and the bus driver did not notice the sharp scissors flying around and by the eyes?? yikes! At least they both still have their sight.

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

I am glad she survived-- and she is adorable. I am glad you laughed- I would have either laughed or cried too. But just think of how easy hair will be-- I have been trying to talk Leila into a short cut for months and months now... almost have her convinced. Your family is very adorable-- I look forward to keeping up on you guys! Love, Megan

Anonymous said...

I was thinking it was not too bad when I first saw the bangs..but goodness me....she did do a chop job....You should have left it for Halloween. Too funny. She is very cute Jill, even if she were bald.
Netta