Saturday, November 8, 2008

101 things I'm thankful for...

In the spirit of Thanksgiving I am tagging everyone who reads this to list the 101 things you are thankful for. Here's my list in no particular order;

1 The Attonement
2 President Monson
3 My funny, sweet and patient husband
4 My silly kids
5 My fabulous brothers and sisters
6 My parents, all 5 of them
7 good friends old and new
8 life and the experiences that bring joy and the trials that I learn from
9 forgiveness
10 the smell, sound, and feel of rain
11 mountains
12 good books
13 courageous people
14 the Book of Mormon and the Bible
15 music that makes me want to sing along
16 Tulips and Daffodils that remind me of home
17 Plumarias that remind me of Hawaii
18 Bali, Phuket, Phee-phee Island, Bangkok
19 humble people
20 different cultures
21 funny people
22 New York City
23 the freedoms and blessings of living in America
24 Hot cocoa on a cold day
25 new snow
26 my children laughing
27 goofy friends that make me laugh
28 hope and faith
29 Star Valley Wyoming
30 the Oregon coast
32 Christmas
33 Grandparents
35 vanilla
36 dark chocolate truffles
37 education...eventually I'll get more :)
38 a clear starry night
39 the crisp air and beautiful colors in autumn
40 time
41 memories
42 love
43 health
44 babies...and epidurals
45 the sound of a trickling stream
46 the smell of fresh baked bread
47 my husband's light brown eyes and dimples
48 temples
49 Temple Square in Salt Lake at Christmas
50 the smell of a campfire
51 nice people that make me smile
52 wise people that make me think
53 friends (and my sis) with a much better fashion sense than mine so that I can copy them
54 Brazil for my two boys, Andre and Bruno, that blessed our home and are part of our family
55 toddler talk
56 running
57 old movies
58 brave people with the character to do what is right when that is not the popular thing to do...Martin Luther King Jr, Joseph Smith, Nephi, Abinadi, Martin Luther, Ghandi, etc...
59 hot showers
60 games...board games with my family...not video games
61 Chili Rellenos and black beans
62 my little friend Maria and all the things she's taught me to cook...mmmmm!
63 how excited and fun my friends are about the Twilight movie and books
64 how great it is that people are all so different
65 stupid things my friends do so I don't feel so stupid at things I do (that is not directed at anyone in particular, I promise)
66 extended family
67 airplanes
68 fluffy white clouds in a blue sky
69 freedom
70 that I've never gone hungry except by choice
71 that my husband adores me even though I see myself as just average in every way
72 sleep
73 my fluffy comforter
74 chocolate lava cake
75 history; what we can learn from it so we won't make the same mistakes, or we can take courage in doing what is right
76 poopies...sorry, Nacho Libre flashback...I mean puppies
77 double chocolate chip frappuccinos (cream based)
78 Thanksgiving dinner...the look and smell of it before we eat
79 singing Lazy Town songs with Ally, Jack and Julia
80 Jane Eyre (the book)
81 shows that make me laugh...the Office, News Radio, Father Ted...
82 the wisdom of my Daddy
83 little kid hugs
84 pink, blue, red, brown, black and white
85 beautiful music...Handel's Water Music, Beethoven's Ode to Joy...
86 inspiring stories
87 pedicures
88 Jeremy's sense of humor
89 that Gage is a good drummer so I don't mind when he plays all of the time
90 Jack's sweet personality
91 Ally's fearless personality...sometimes I'm not so grateful for that, but I am happy she's not a follower
92 Julia's cute "what the heck!"
93 old people
94 a sunrise that lights up the clouds with pinks and golds
95 California sunsets that are always red, orange and gold.
96 palm trees
97 warm sand
98 Waimea Bay
99 Matsumoto's shaved ice...the BEST!
100 prayer
101 the love Christ has for all of us

10 comments:

Susan said...

I love your list!

Crawford said...

WOW... 102 '400 disc DVD Players'

Jill said...

Tim Crawford...do you want me to ground Rich? Be good!

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Don't we have so much to be thankful for! I am glad you shared, made me think about what a great world we live in.

Raich said...

yeah for tags...i think i just got to know you a little better...yeah for Matsumotos..yum...you have to get me excited about jane eyre...it's next on my list...i just have to jump in and haven't...it's sitting on my night stand

Amy said...

Thanks for posting your list, its great! And thanks for the tag! I will be taking you up on this challenge...soon! Gratitude has been on my mind a lot lately! And I appreciate such a fun outlet!

Anonymous said...

Jilly....You are amazing. I love your depth and understanding of things that really matter...
As the years go along the more and more I love my Teddy Bear in a Bottle...because of the life you have and do live... (When I die, you make sure and snag that)
I am thankful for you!!
Netta

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

You did 101 without repeating any of them? Great job. They are all so true!!

Erica said...

Great list. I keep coming back to look at it and eveytime I find something I missed the last ime. I did notice that you said something about Matsumoto's shaved ice being the best. We're going to HI tomorrow and that is #1 on my list of things to do!! I'll let you know what we think :)

The Horvath Crew said...

When I first read your title I thought this must be a joke can she really list 101. I am very proud of you I think I would be up all night just thinking and trying not to repeat any of them, that's the hard part. I love them all. great post.