Saturday, March 7, 2009

February in review...

February's highlight for Ally was her date with her Daddy. Ally is a Daisy in Girl Scouts and last weekend they had a Daddy Daughter Ball. She wore her favorite nice dress which is one she inherited from her cousin Jordan. Daddy got all dressed up and came to the door with flowers for Ally. She was so excited about that. I thought it was so sweet that her first bouquet of flowers was from her Dad. They had a great time at the ball although Rich said he had to tone down her crazy dancing a little bit. She thinks she's a super star dancer since she won a dance contest at a ward party a year ago. She gets a bit hyper kicking her feet everywhere but she didn't kick anyone so they were good.

Julia's baby yarn hair is finally getting longer so I can put it in ponytails or clips now. Usually she takes anything out with in the first hour after I do her hair but on this day Cari, my friend who works in our office, did her hair and she put big flower clips in it and Julia left them in almost ALL day!
Ally and Jack came home from school with lots of Valentines from their parties at school. They were very good about sharing their stash with Julia. Ally insisted I take a picture of her with the heart chocolate...so here it is. Beautiful, I know.


Sometime during the month we went down to Ontario Mills so Gage could get some drum stuff at Sam Ash Music. We had to stop and get doughnuts at Krispy Kreme since their "hot now" light was on. The kids like to go in because they can watch them make the doughnuts and they get these awesome hats.






Julia's didn't last long.





What a fun month!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, Charles here. Looks like you had a great month. Gotta love KrispyKreme! All we've got out here is Square Donuts.... they're okay, but not the same. By the way Jill, hope Rich sprung for flowers for you too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

Oh yeah. Valentine's Day for us...forgot about that. :) We went to diner with a ton of friends and yes he got me flowers. He tried really hard but got me yellow roses he thought were tulips (I like tulips) which as you may know yellow flowers mean friendship. That's fine, it's the thought that counts and he is my best friend.

Amy said...

What a fun month! The daddy daughter ball is such a cute idea! Ally looks absolutely radiant! Julia's hair is adorable, isn't it funny how they will leave it in if someone else puts it up? Or maybe it was just the lovely flower clips. Either way, precious photos! Ahhh, Krispy Kremes, much better than bugs and larvae anyday! I hope March turns out as great as February!!

j- said...

WOW! I have never seen Rich in a suit- I think his daddy daughter date sound so sweet I love that her first flowers came from Daddy!!
Every time I go to Orem, we stop at Krispy Kreme, (Even today) but we didn't go in, which sucked because we didn't get the fresh freebies... Oh well... I love your blog Jill!!

You guys still comin' for General Conference?