Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ally Jane...

Today our little Allyson turns 7 years old. She's been such a blessing to us and a joy in our family. After having three boys in a row I was consigned to expect that I would only have boys. When the ultrasound showed she was a girl I cried...finally my girl!

Ally arrived with some drama and maybe that's why she's such a character now. When she was born on the morning of January 9th, 2003 the cord was wrapped around her neck 4 times and the doctor had to pull her out because she was blue. She's the only one Rich didn't cut the cord for and I didn't get to immediately hold. They rushed her over to check her vitals and help her breath. Poor little thing didn't look like a pretty little girl, more like a boxer after a fight. That night the pediatrician who checked her told me that her collar bone was broken because of the way they had to pull her. I was so sad my little girl had to start out life like that but she's a tough little thing and I guess I'm glad she is.

(Ally and Julia)
She's always held her own with her 3 older brothers and still been a sweet and protective big sister of her little sis.

(playing dead at the Grand Canyon, age 3)
She's quite the comedian in our family and is always the ham and the trouble maker. She's my only child who ever got kicked out of Nursery at church for hitting the other kids. She talks non-stop, is curious about everything, is afraid of nothing except monsters in the dark, she plays mommy to the little kids, has more energy than anyone else, and is very loving and snuggly when she wants to be.

(The self inflicted bob, age 5)
She has cut her own hair a few times and actually did a pretty good job of it so people told her it was cute.


(Ally and Julia @ Knott's Berry Farm)
She loves all of the big rides at Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm and gets mad when they say she's too little to go on some of them.


(Ally riding Abbey)
She loves to ride Abbey, her Great Aunt Sally's horse. She tells everyone she is the best horse rider in our family. She's confident, sassy, funny, goofy, sweet, and a force to be reckoned with. I adore her and although she's not what I imagined I'd get in a girl I'm so glad I get to be her Mom because she's so much more. I know that as she grows she will be an amazing young woman. Happy Birthday Ally-bug. We love you!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Ally!!

Sarah said...

Happy 7th Birthday, Ally! You are too cute and we miss you! :)

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

She is beautiful.

Danya said...

What an awesome blessing she is!