Wednesday, January 13, 2010

December...





In December the kids had their school Winter Wonderland Program. (Ally called it the "Alice in Wonderland" program). Jack and Ally's classes sang songs, Jeremy and Gage played in Concert Band. Everyone did a great job and it was fun watching all of the kids.  


It always seems that the two nights they pick for these outdoor performances are the coldest of the month. Most of December was mild with clear blue skies except the week of their program which was cold and even a little snowy. Good thing we bundled up and they had hot chocolate! 



(Ally, Jackson, and Julia waiting to come down stairs)


Of course Christmas was the highlight of the month. Christmas was smaller this year but I think it was better. We had several opportunities to serve others and be selfless and that's what makes it feel more like Christmas. Some of the ideas came from Rich and I but the kids suggested some things we could do to serve others also. 



Gage even got a Red Ryder BB Gun. He was very excited. I think everyone got one thing they really loved...except Ally. She thinks she wasn't very good this last year so Santa didn't bring her what she really wanted. She could never put her finger on what she really wanted so I'm sure Santa gave it his best guess. She had her birthday party a few weeks later and got plenty so Santa's not too worried about it I'm sure.


Janet gave us year passes to Knott's Berry Farm for Christmas (Disneyland is a bit out of our budget this year) so we went New Year's Eve day. The kids had a great time.



Jack, Ally and Julia loved the spinning Mexican Hats.



Julia had to hold her hands up on the Snoopy School Bus that swishes around. 



The girls didn't know what to expect on the hot air balloon ride. 

Everyone had fun. We left semi early since we didn't feel like we had to fill the day because of our passes. On our way home we dropped Jeremy off a a friend's house where he stayed the night. Gage and I went over to the party at church for a bit while Rich and the little ones rested from their long day. Gage and I got home around 9:30pm and Gage was concerned that Jack wouldn't stay up until midnight with him. A few minutes past 12:00 we checked on the boys and it was Gage who was sleeping and Jack was wide awake! 

Ally has been on Abbey several times and loves it. She was the first one to take a turn and she got to "drive" Abbey herself and did a great job.



Julia took a turn next. She didn't ride by herself, Sally was leading Abbey. Her little legs barely fit over Abbey's back!



Jackson got to ride and was a little bit nervous about it although when he got off he said that it was "awesome"!



Gage got the hang of how to ride Abbey pretty well.



I even got to ride her. I'd love to learn to really ride a horse but that's on my things to do someday list. We love where Sally lives and would love to move out there someday if it works out. Maybe if we do I can finally learn how to ride! 


Abbey is a sweet horse and was very patient with all of us. She's so good with the kids I never worry about them being on her.


After we left Sally's we stopped at a little food place, I think it's called Frosty King, in Tehachapi to get shakes. They make the best shakes! We always have to get a one for everyone before heading home. 


That pretty much wrapped up our December and Christmas break!

3 comments:

Danya said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast!!! I can't BELIEVE how HUGE everyone is!!!! Especially Gage!!! I remember how much I loved embarrassing him by telling him how handsome he is! Hahaha! I was right! LOL!

Nancy said...

So Fun Jill!! I love Knott's- I keep telling JIm we need to go- I've never been as a parent- but went tons as a kid, (esp. when we lived in Buena Park)

Love your pictures riding Abbey- she really is a calm horse, huh? She looks like she is just happy to have you all there. SHe is really pretty too!!

Looks like you guys had a busy December!!

Nancy said...

And can I just tell you that I love these pics of Julia- in the one of her holding her hands up she looks like with a purely Rich expression- in the next one she looks a lot like of Rich- your girls are adorable!!