Like most everyone's December ours was so busy! I didn't get Christmas Cards out because I didn't start them in November but I hope everyone knows we love them. We had our Ward Christmas Party on the 6th . It was a Saturday morning breakfast and it worked out wonderfully.
(Jasmine and Ally)
We ate a delicious breakfast of waffles, bacon and sausage then the kids got to do some cute crafts.
(Julia, Ally and Jack with Santa)
Santa was in the foyer for pictures and the gift of a candy cane.
(Jacob, Ally and Jack)
There was a gingerbread house building contest...with graham crackers and PLENTY of candy.
(Jacob, Ally, and Jack getting some help from Rich)
The kids got some help from Dad but the walls collapsed anyway. Probably from the weight of the sweets.
(Merry, Luis and Ally)
Ally finally abandoned her group and went to help Merry and Luis who were the winners. She knows how to pick the good crowd!
Julia was a Shepard in the play which was the finale.
(Holly, Jackson, Jacob, and Joseph)
Jackson was Joseph and was having a good time with some of the kings.
(Jackson and Holly)
Holly...I mean Mary...seemed to be having fun playing the part.
(Jackson...very nervous but did great)
The next week Jackson had his band concert.
(SunShine, Maele, Me and Yvonne)
Saturday the 11th I did a 10K in Santa Monica with some friends.
(Me and Erica)
And so did my step-sis Erica so we met up to say hi.
(Julia as Rudolph)
Next came Julia's pre-school performance. They were so cute singing their Christmas songs!
Julia got her picture taken with Santa, again, only this time he seemed much younger...funny...
(Ally's friend Jordyn and Ally)
Ally's class had been reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory together so they did a Chocolate Factory night at school. Ally was at the booth where people asked simple multiplication questions and they had to demonstrate grouping with candy to get the answer...and you got to eat the candy.
Finally we got to Christmas. I did take a quick trip to Oregon right before Christmas for a funeral but I'll get to that in another update. Julia was very happy with a slinky from her stocking and her rolling, laughing pig and teddy bear.
Ally loved her Webkins and her Generations Doll that she got.
Jackson was excited about his rock tumbler...he loves rocks, has drawers full of rocks...so we thought it would be fitting. He also got Hex Nano Bugs which are cool.
Jeremy and Gage made Christmas presents for everyone. Jeremy made the flowers for Rich and I and all of the yarn Octopuses for the kids. Gage printed out designs on card stock and folded these box characters for everyone. He put his face on the white one for me. They were both so creative, I was very impressed!
(Me and Grandma)
To end the day we went to Rich's Mom's house and had my Mom, her husband and Grandma come for dinner. It was also Grandma's birthday so we had a small little party for her.
And that was our December...whew!








No comments:
Post a Comment