Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Who is Glenn Beck??
Since several people have asked me who Glenn Beck is let me explain. He is a guy who has a radio show and does a show for CNN. He's conservative and once was a very worldly guy until he found the gospel and it changed his life. I actually don't listen to his radio show since it's not broadcast on stations here in the LA area, and I rarely watch his CNN show. Funny, I know. I first really heard about him when President Hinkley died in January. My Dad sent me a little tribute Glenn Beck did at the end of his show to President Hinkley, and it made me cry. You can search it up on You Tube if you want to see it. Then my husband got his book for me. I really enjoyed it. He's funny and I usually agree with his point of view and like how he says stuff. While I was reading the book I saw an interview he did for a show on KBYU called Latter Day Profiles where he shared his conversion story. I thought it was pretty cool. Here's a guy who I would have looked at and thought there was no way he's mormon material, forgetting that any thing is possible and only the Lord really knows who we are and who we can be. I have seen several short clips of commentaries he does on his show that I really like. There's one about a woman named Irena Sendler...another one I highly recommend you look on You Tube for. So although he is still a bit edgey, I really like him. He's a genuinely nice guy and I admire his ability to stand up and say something defending what he knows is right. So that's my explanation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Hey Jill- I KNOW who Glenn Beck is & I think its cool that oyu got to shuffle by him and shake his hand. I remember seeing him and watching him and then finding out he was Mormon from my brother. The commentary he gave about Pres Hinckley was great-really a good presentation for all of us. We love to see your blog-Kristin
Post a Comment