Thursday, January 29, 2009

Running....I got a 12!


I have been running, or trying to run, for months now. On my run today I noticed there was a thing set up that lets cars know how fast they are going compared to the speed limit on the big long street I was running on. For those of you who watch The Office you may know what I was thinking. For those of you who don't, there was recently an episode of The Office where one of these was set up outside the office and they were running (in their suits) as fast as they could to see their speed. It was funny. Anyway, I decided to try it! Keep in mind I had already run about 2 miles at this point, which has been my recent accomplishment of non-stop running verses a run/walk situation. I got up to 12 mph! Rich suggested I try it tomorrow at the beginning of my run to see how fast I can go when I'm not so tired. It's just little stupid things like this that make me smile so I wanted to share. Maybe one of you will get a giggle out of it too!

6 comments:

Kittell7 said...

You are so cute, I wish I could have seen it (in person)!!! Keep us updated so we can see what you can do when you start your run!!!

j- said...

You rock Jill!! That is so funny- I have seen that Office- I think Rich needs to get a cam corder and record you running by the sign and you can post that!!

I have never been a runner, but I tried when I was in High School, and it was hard and I was in good shape back in the day- BUT I have been thinking lately I wanna try it again. So I am gonna start walking this week as soon as I get my gym pass renewed, and can find time n between feeding the baby when Jim is home...

Good luck and run fast!!

Jill said...

The stupid speed thing wasn't on today! Maybe they turned it off so the crazy lady from yesterday wouldn't try it again. I guess this is one thing we will never know. If we find another one someday we'll make a family home evening out of it and see who can run the fastest. Wouldn't that be so funny to see a whole family running at one of those!

Amy said...

I am seriously impressed with you Jill! However, I imagine they turned if off 'cause they thought it was slowing people down TOO much. I mean 12 in a 35 mph zone. Maybe you had them worried about a traffic jam. From the photo is looks like such a high traffic area! ;-)

j- said...

Love the photo can totally see you running toward it and the mental image of a whole family doing it still has me laughing!!

Danya said...

Too bad there wasn't a car driving by a the exact same time. You could have clocked in at 30 like Micheal Scott!