Thursday, September 24, 2009
Jeremy's dream job...
Jeremy has started his volunteer work at St Mary's Medical Center and LOVES it! He works Friday afternoons (2pm to 5pm) and Saturdays (9am to 2pm). He's working mostly with phlebotomists in the Emergency Room. He helps them out by running samples of blood to the lab. He told me the other day that he volunteered to hold an infant who needed an IV put in. (All that experience with his little brothers and sisters is showing). He tells me he can't say much when I ask how his day was "because of HIPAA Laws", but he does have a big smile on his face when I pick him up from the hospital and he always says it was cool. He was very excited to meet the Infectious Disease Specialist because that is what he wants to do. I actually think he was just as excited to be able to wear scrubs!
He's a typical teenager in some ways but not very typical in others. We are so proud of him! He gets all A's, he's very serious about his studies and knows just what he wants to do. He's a very sweet kid, although he won't admit it. We are so blessed to have him in our family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








8 comments:
Very cool! I am so excited for him that he is able to do this volunteer work!
Look how grown up he looks. That is so cool that he has been able to work this out!
ummm...he looks like a man...are you kidding?? lyal and i are very impressed, hes a good kid....mine will never be that old by the way
Completely awesome! Good job Jeremy!
Workin the scrubs! Very cool- I have thought that would be the coolest part about having a job in the medical feild too. But not enough to actually go to school for it. What a great kid- he must have a great mom. :o)
Oh my gosh Jill....he is incredibly handsome.....and looks incredibly grown up and you must be incredibly proud!!!!
How very, very exciting for him. I think it is so cool what field he is interested in. I never had any idea that was even out there until he was telling grandpa and I all about it....A couple of weeks ago I saw a documentary on how Infectious Disease Drs were working in the third world countries. I thought about how awesome Jeremy would be at that.
Your pride is warranted...he is an awesome young man Jill....
Jill, he looks so handsome and grown up! And he looks right at home int he scrubs! He is going to go far! You have done a great job in raising such a wonderful son! Way to go!
You guys can't have a child old enough to have job! Seriously!! He looks so great in his scrubs what a great way to start out on his life's goals!!
Post a Comment